About Financial Management Services
Financial Management Services is a unit of Business Affairs, whose purpose is to work together to make administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research.
The vision of FMS is to inspire and enable excellence in financial stewardship.
The mission is to provide a business ecosystem that cultivates a simplified financial landscape to address the evolving needs of the community while safeguarding the university.
Business Affairs' pursuit is to provide integrated financial, technical, business and Human Resources services for the benefit of the Stanford Community. Each unit is responsible for furthering Business Affairs' strategic goals:
- Create an environment that attracts, retains, and develops world class staff
- Transform administrative processes, systems, and infrastructure throughout the university so that people can spend more time on value-added activities
- Deliver accurate, timely, and useful information to support decision-making
- Create a comprehensive and balanced approach to university-wide risk management
- Continuously improve faculty, staff, student, and other clients' satisfaction with administrative services
- Ensure consistent communications and best practices that conform to the university identity guidelines as well as those of FMS
Learn more about FMS' programs and services on fingate.stanford.edu